Sunday, January 18, 2015

Valentine's Gift

I had in mind to sew an assortment of fun gifts for my friend for Valentine's Day. I went to Hobby Lobby, and they had the perfect group of fabrics...prints consisting of cream, a cherry/apricot color, pale dusty pink, etc. I made a couple of drawstring bags, some "cord keepers" (tutorial from Made by Me & Shared with You blog). The cord keepers' tutorial is for a small keeper, which would work fine for something like the iPhone cord, but I also made several keepers in larger sizes for the heftier cords. I have made these string block quilted coasters before, directions coming from bari j blog.

To round out the gift, I included a couple of eos items...the lip balm in red container and the hand lotion in pink. I bought a stamp today at Michael's, and that is what I used to stamp the gift tag. I love using my new MISTI....it allows for such sharp images! 

The finished gift, prior to attaching the gift tag:


 The drawstring bags:


 The various items....I love how these fabrics coordinate with each other.


 The Michael's stamp, stamped onto PTI pink blush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made for a very useful as well as pretty gift!! :)

-Lisa